Love is in the air, and whether you want to embrace it, or drink it, we’ve got you covered.
This was inspired just by the time of year, the song, a little bottle we saw on Pinterest, and then the subsequent suggestions from said site, just for clicking on the link for the bottle. It’s not that hard to make, and we have made many versions to bring you the best, but are we really going to complain for having to drink cocktails for “research purposes”? No, we’re not.
Obvious, we have a lot of stuff to make cocktails, from multiple shakers and accessories to different glasses and shelves of alcohol. We’re not experts and only one of us has worked in a bar, but we do like a cocktail or two.
If you don’t have a shaker, you can honestly pick one up for cheap, and you don’t need to have one that’s rose gold like us, we just have an aesthetic we like to maintain…or that Ted likes to maintain anyway.
For this cocktail you won’t really need much. It’s also sweet and sour, perfectly deep red and presented with some seductive cherries (if you get them with their stems on anyway…we didn’t). We feel it is the perfect cocktail for the season of love. You can switch some things up, but we suggest you try to stick to the recipe because we know it’s the best.
Love Potion No. 9B
- 50mls Absolut Strawberry Vodka
- 25mls Sugar/Simple Syrup
- 50mls Cranberry Juice
- Dash of Lime Juice
- Dash of Chambord (Raspberry Liqueur)
- Cherry Juice
- Chilled Coupe Glass
- Add some ice to your shaker, and then add 50mls Absolut Strawberry Vodka, 25mls Sugar Syrup, 50mls Cranberry Juice, dash of Lime Juice and a dash of Chambord.
- Shake these together for a few seconds (golden rules is always no more than 25 shakes).
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass (sometimes referred to as a Champagne Saucer) and top with Cherry Juice.
- Garnish with two cocktail cherries on a cocktail stick and serve.
The cherry juice included can sometimes be a little intense and sour combined with the Chambord, and that is why we have included a heavy measure of sugar syrup. Honestly though, this is a perfect, rich, luxurious cocktail for Valentines Day and any day where you just want to indulge in that luxury loving feeling. We’d also suggest serving this with some chocolates because, who doesn’t like a few chocolates when we indulge?
Mix it, make it, share it with us, we’d love to see people enjoying what we are bringing to you here at The Two Burrs.